he outer vestibule of Renaissance Hall has a twelve-foot lion’s head fountain of variegated marble. The inner vestibule has separate apartments necessary for the Conferring of both Chapter and Blue Lodge Degrees.
enaissance Hall, on the south side of the second floor, is where the Grand Holy Royal Arch Chapter of Pennsylvania and some subordinate Chapters Meet. It was officially dedicated to Capitular Masonry on September 29, 1873, but several Blue Lodges also meet there. The Hall is decorated in the Italian Renaissance style, and was finished in 1908.
n the top of the north wall are round-headed paintings of Moses and King Solomon. The south wall has paintings of Hiram, King of Tyre and Hiram Abiff. On the east wall is a full-length painting of Joshua, the High Priest. The painting on the west wall is of St. John the Evangelist. The prevailing color of the room is scarlet, the symbolic color of the Chapter.
wo stages of columns, one above the other, are in relief around the room. The lower is Corinthian with elaborate ornamental detail. The upper is a series of columns with foliated capitals, from which springs the vaulted ceiling.
he ceiling is divided into three portions. The center is a circular skylight twenty feet in diameter. To the east and west of the skylight, are sections furnished with elliptical panels. Throughout the walls and ceiling are emblems of Royal Arch Masonry.
n elaborate porch surmounts the throne and triple chair of the Most Excellent Grand High Priest, the Most Excellent Grand King and the Most Excellent Grand Scribe.
he furniture is walnut inlaid with mahogany and California redwood.
enaissance Hall is seventy-three feet long, forty-six feet wide and fifty feet high.
References: The Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania